Monday, June 1, 2009

7 years

June 1, 2002 was when it all started. We created a new Jensen family. 7 years ago today. It doesn't seem like I am old enough to have been married for 7 years and have 2 kids!! 
Here is us on that wonderful day 7 years ago: 



 In honor of today Brian made me something wonderful! He framed 4 of our family pictures and then had our family verse framed and they are now hanging in our living room. The verse is one we picked out together, one that we want our kids to grow up knowing and for our family to function having this verse in mind with everything we do. Here is the verse:

'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this, you shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these. - Mark 12:30-31

what it looks like with everything, 

I had fun finding old pictures of us from our time together. I want to share some with you. I tried to get them in date order, but honestly it was hard. :) I did the best I could. Here we are young, married and childless........

On our honeymoon in FL. 
At our reception in Minnesota. 

At our first Indy 500 as a married couple. 

Back in Fl where we had our honeymoon with my basketball team - so our 1st year of marriage.
Second christmas together. 
This picture was right before I found out I was pregnant with Toby. (in October 2005) 
This was in April of 2005 at a banquet with North Central. 
Our picture we took for our Christmas card. I think it was during year 3. 
Christmas time, obviously, I think year 3. 
Our cat, PJ. Well my cat, Brian didn't like her! I think year 2. 
Brian's graduation May of 2003. 
Summer of 2004. Brian was in a friends wedding. 

Okay so they weren't really in order at all!! I tried! :) So crazy to think back to our lives then. Now 7 years later we have Toby and Zoe and live in PA! I wouldn't change the way our life is at all! I love my husband and I love our children. 

Toby, 2 years old & Zoe, 4 months old

The Jensen Family
 

3 comments:

April Emery said...

happy anniversary! love all the flashback photos!

Anonymous said...

You haven't aged a bit, I loved seeing all those photos!

Miss you!

Shelly Sullivan said...

Awww, all I can say is HOW SWEET! All of it...the gift from Brian, all the old photos, the kids! Sorry I forgot to send you a "Happy Anniversary" message! Miss you and love you!